Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Chapel Haven

I came to Chapel Haven in 2013 right when I got out of high school. I was 18 and was scared to go to a new school where I had to meet new friends and learn life skills. Before I came to Chapel Haven I had no clue as to what life skills were. As I progressed in Chapel Haven I learned many life skills.. laundry, cooking, cleaning. I am very grateful for Chapel Haven and have continued to use the life skills in my apartment! After I graduated from the first program Chapel Haven offers, which is called REACH, I moved into the next program called BRIDGE, where the school introduces apartment living to folks that still need a little support from the support coordinators.  After a year of BRIDGE, I moved off campus to the next level which is called COMMUNITY. I’ve lived in the community now for four years, starting w/a roommate in an apartment, and now I currently have my own apartment and love it! 

I work at an art studio called UArts where the artisans are community members. I work Mondays and Wednesdays, and often pick up additional shifts. I so enjoy working there! I am very fortunate to be a part of an amazing community where I have friends,

a great city filled with lots of things to do, and have an awesome job! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Growing Up

 I would say I had a good childhood, aside from running away constantly and always on the move. I grew up near the highway, and loved every ...