Monday, March 29, 2021

Growing Up

 I would say I had a good childhood, aside from running away constantly and always on the move. I grew up near the highway, and loved every minute of it. I had so many good neighbors and friends.. some I still am friends with. We moved to a new address shortly after and that is where my parents live currently. I would say I was a very difficult child, by the means of I was always missing and would show up in my neighbors houses, sometimes even using there bathroom and sitting in there foyer. The most crazy thing I ever did was walk away from my swim club because I wanted to see my mom so I unbuckled myself from the swing I was in and walked up to a very busy street and started walking down Hoyt street, as I was walking a family parked there car and started walking with me, asking where I was going and simply replied “to see my mom” , my mom was driving in my dads old Jeep and saw a little girl who looked to be my age and was wearing a similar bathing suit. All of a sudden my mom slammed on the break in the jeep, got out and said that is my child, all while hyper ventilating. My dad on the other hand was very stressed and had the whole tennis team looking for me, in the lockers ( I liked to lock myself in there sometimes) all while my mom was entering the swim club. As my mom parked the car, got out and said I got her... my dad thought I had gotten out of the swing and ran to my mom. While my dad was trying to find me, he had gotten so nervous that he was combing his hair with his fingers. I had other incidents, but this one takes the cake! My neighbor would say i was like the the girl from bewitched, because once my mom and her said they would not take there eyes of of me, but that did not work because they started to talk and when they looked back... POOF! I was goneee! They had no idea how I did it but when I turned 7  i stopped running away and stopped giving my mom and dad stress. I am glad I stopped because than everyone is not worrying about me. 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment

Growing Up

 I would say I had a good childhood, aside from running away constantly and always on the move. I grew up near the highway, and loved every ...